Skip to content
- The Ottawa Public Library and Library and Archives Canada joint facility will be a landmark destination built on the shared values and passions of the partner institutions: knowledge, history, discovery, culture, creativity, collaboration, and connections.
- This innovative collaboration of library and archives will offer an enriched experience for customers and clients, bringing together diverse collections, providing exhibition and event spaces, and offering free and open access to millions of documents and the rich Canadian documentary heritage.
- The joint programs and services will make this a truly unique offering in Canada.
- The new facility will be a gathering place where people can connect to each other, their history, the resources they seek and the discoveries they make.
- It will be a modern facility that will respond to rapidly developing technology, growing customer expectations and changing demographics.
- Built to a minimum of LEED Gold certification and accessible by light-rail and multi-use pathways for cyclists and pedestrians, the facility will be part of building a sustainable Ottawa.